Registration for Dentists:
There are two types of registration available, full and temporary.
1. Full registration in the Register of Dentists for Ireland is available to the following:
- Graduates in dentistry from a university in Ireland.
- Graduates within the EEA with a scheduled dental degree/diploma and certification from your Competent Authority confirming compliance with the minimum conditions set out in Professional Qualifications Directive 2005/36/EC.
- Applicants who graduate with a qualification recognised under the Dental Council’s mutual recognition agreement with Canada
- Dentists, not otherwise entitled to registration, who pass a special Dental Council examination.
2.Temporary registration is available to persons, not eligible for full registration, provided they meet the following conditions:
- They must hold a dental qualification obtained after completing an acceptable undergraduate dental course.
- They must have gained a space, under the supervision of an approved consultant, in;
They must be successful in completing the Temporary Registration process
- a full-time clinical position in an approved institution;
- a position on a Dental Council approved full-time clinical postgraduate programme; or
- a full-time research position in an Irish dental hospital.
Please see the application form below for important information and a check list of documents required to start the temporary registration process.
The Dental Council will not deal with third parties in relation to any application for Registration
Temporary Registration Form and Checklist[Adobe Acrobat .PDF]
Statement [Adobe Acrobat .PDF]